Sales Director Benelux – Digital Currency Platform
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
Our client is offering a unique opportunity to join as their first Sales Director to set-up the Benelux office and expand its international footprint.
About the company
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
This company provides digital currency brokerage / liquidity for European financial institutions, typically retail banks and trading platforms. The founders have been operating in the digital currency space for over 7 years, prior to which they worked for large consultancies in various international roles. They bring deep experience of the interface between traditional financial institutions, digital currency exchanges and regulators. The company is currently privately-owned and regulated by DNB as a registered cryptocurrency service provider.
Your role as a Sales Director
As their first Sales Director, you’ll initially focus on the Netherlands and Belgium, where a shortlist of financial institutions with the necessary regulatory registration deserves maximum attention. You’ll help them get trading and serve the customer demand with our proprietary API.
Simultaneously you’ll help create the broader business development strategy for new EU markets, working alongside the CEO, management team and marketing director. Although being launched by digital currency ‘veterans’, this is a new B2B proposition, somewhat of a blank canvas, but with fantastic momentum and a big vision to do our part in ushering in the new future of digital finance.
As the first salesperson in the driving seat, a crucial function and priority hire, there is every opportunity to shape the process, strategy, tactics and team as the business grows in year one and beyond. Immediately upon joining forces with you, we’d seek to hire a talented and hungry Inside Sales Rep or Junior AE.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Create and execute a business development strategy for Benelux
- Advise on and help set-up core sales funnel systems
- Help refine ICPs across the buying committee for banks, trading apps and misc. FIs
- Articulate their product proposition to client prospects for whom this is likely to be an entirely new functionality; do this convincingly in the context of our brand purpose / mission in digital finance
- Collaborate extensively with Marketing to refine the sales narrative; optimise messaging; identify and develop assets required
- Foster relationships and work closely with CEO, CFO and CTO, utilising them at the right moments to help win over prospects and close deals
- Help hire great sales professionals, and provide leadership in getting the best from them
What do you bring as a Sales Director?
- A proven track record in SaaS, Payments, Fintech, or similar categories of sales / business development
- A ‘build your own funnel’ approach and attitude
- Experience of best practice at a medium-scale business, combined with the hunger to succeed in a start-up / scale-up environment; perhaps you’ve been there before already
- You’re a self-starter keen to deploy all you’ve learned so far to a blank canvas with huge potential; you relish the chance to show us the way forward and share the rewards
- Dutch native speaker; English fluent; international mindset
What can you expect from this opportunity?
- A salary up-to €100k base + bonus package
- Tight team of experienced professionals
- Flexible / remote working
- Exciting category
- All the opportunity to grow, lead and succeed as Business Development’s ‘first through the door’ hiring
Are you the Sales Director we’re looking for?
Call me on +31642752321 or e-mail me: email@example.com